Re: [News] [Rival] THREE Microsoft Vice Presidents Quit!

Hadron wrote:
Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I believe many people near the top or formerly near the top must
understand what is happening.  That understanding is composed of the
same elements that helped them build the monopoly in the first place.

Tell us. What *IS* happening? You sound like a Roy sock.

If we could know the impulses of the people who are leaving, we could
predict how long it will take the company to FOSSify their OS and
office software and convert to a support-based model.  I find it hard
to imagine another future for Windows and Office.

Because you clearly have zero idea.

MS was only 10% lower in profits compared to tens of percents
elsewhere. It might have escapes your COLA senses but there IS a global
down turn at present.

Looks like you are the one who is out of it.

Unit sales of PCs were up 8.8% in the US last quarter compared to a year earlier, while MS Client Division (includes Windows and Office) revenues were down 8% at the same time. Maybe you could tell us in approximate numerical terms what that says about the change in how much MS is getting per Windows or Office license.