Re: Microsoft Cuts 10,000+ Jobs?

____/ George Barca on Friday 23 January 2009 21:30 : \____

> On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 13:08:19 -0700, High Plains Thumper
> <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>>You are correct about disagreement.  However, if you follow their
>>posts, most are less than civil, consisting of nothing but ad
>>hominem rants and very little toward the discussion regarding the
>>benefits of Linux compared to other operating systems.
>>
>>That subculture is the anti-Linux Wintrolls in this newsgroup.
>>They are the uninvited guests, whose sole purpose is to undermine
>>Linux advocacy.
>
> I prefer to talk about Linux, Windows, Microsoft, Apple or
> anything comparing them all. Life is far too short to sink to the
> level where we behave like animals ripping each other apart in
> order to win the battle. Pun intended. For myself I am a Windows
> user however I have one Linux box and one Apple box and from
> where I sit, they all have advantages and disadvantages. What do
> see in the market place however is Linux and Apple moving forward
> and Microsoft holding on for dear life. The financial's don't
> tell the entire story. Think Enron where one day things, from the
> outside, looked great and literally the next day the company went
> under. Don't get me wrong, I don't think this is going to happen
> to Microsoft in the near future however I don't ignore the
> possibility that they are in serious trouble.
> George Barca
> georgebarca1981@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A high-level guy from Microsoft blew the whistle on them in 1999 (fraud).
Microsoft paid him $4 million to STFU.

In 1998, according the the Economist, Microsoft lost $18 billion. Gates stepped
down shortly afterwards.

Yeah... and Madoff is filthy rich... more like $50 billion in debt, no? Sort
of.

Also of interest (long): http://www.billparish.com/msftfraudfacts.html

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Microsoft loves competition.
"Linux is a cancer that attaches itself in an intellectual property sense to
everything it touches."
                --Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO