Re: Microsoft Cuts 10,000+ Jobs?

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 23:32:38 -0500, "DFS" <nospam@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>George Barca wrote:
>> On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 22:35:07 -0500, "DFS" <nospam@xxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:

>>> You really should contact Rex Ballard for confirmation of the exact
>>> number.
>>>

>> Does he work for Microsoft?
>
>No.  He's a well-known lunatic and buffoonish Linux^^^^^Amway "advocate" (at
>night only... by day he hawks proprietary stuff for IBM).

He seems to have a lot of free time.

>To listen to him and his concocted "facts and figures" you'd think he was a
>VP of OEM Relations at Microsoft.

That is why I asked. He writes like he worked at a PR firm at
some point.

>Rex is a little bitter that MS stole his ideas and put them in MS-DOS and
>Windows 2000.

That's a long time to grind an axe.
It's best to get over these kind of things.

>> After today, he may very well be unemployed.
>
>Only in cola la-la land does 1400 layoffs out of 94000 employees = "may very
>well be unemployed"

Unless you, or I happen to be one of the 1400 at which point it
takes on a whole new meaning.

>http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/inside_ms.mspx#EUCAE

George Barca
georgebarca1981@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx