Re: Microsoft slashes up to 5,000 jobs

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
7 on Thursday:
Ramon F Herrera wrote:

"NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Software maker Microsoft Corp.
announced Thursday it will cut up to 5,000 jobs in the
next year and a half, or 5.5% of its global workforce,
citing further deterioration of global economic
conditions.

The company also posted lower fiscal second-quarter
earnings that missed analysts' forecasts.

Microsoft will slash 1,400 positions immediately, with the
rest of the cuts coming by June 2010. The company also
said it will freeze employees' pay in 2009".

May be Micoshaft applications should buy more OS licenses
and the Micoshaft OS guys buy more Micosshaft applications.
The revenues it will book in will helps pay to sack fewer
employees.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/22/technology/microsoft_jobs

That's 5000 permanent employees.

How many temps has Microsoft sacked (oops.. sorry... I mean,
didn't renew their visa or contract)?

I guess we could start with Clogwog (Rick Mather), cc, amicus_curious, DFS, Gary Stewart & nyms, returned annuitants Erik Funkenbusch, Tim Smith, for starters. That would considerably free up bandwidth in COLA and blogs.

However, they would not have to Snit (Michael Glasser, Rhino Plastee), since it is his wife, not he that is payrolled. :-)

--
HPT
Quando omni flunkus moritati