Re: Microsoft Chief on Linux: "I am Scared" (Comes vs MS - exhibit px07168)

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

From: Jim Allchin

2. We need a paper which outlines technically how our system (kernel, web
service, file server) is better. I think we have Mark R signed up to write
this (robs was supposed to engage him on this). This paper needs to cover
things like the facts that we have a preemptive kernel, asychronous I/O, etc
Facts… that go to the core of why windows is different and Linux is old unix.
> Facts

It seems he believed that Linux and Unix didn't have preemption or asynchronous I/O and that Windows did.

I would have the technical person help with this.

Yeah, that might be a good idea ... hopefully somebody who knew something about computers before he came to Microsoft ... do we have somebody who's taken an OS course in school?

There was a technical
wrlteup a few years ago by Mark in Windows NT Magazine. We need more on this.