[News] Mozilla Wants the Web to be Free

Mozilla official urges openness for the Web

,----[ Quote ]
| While hailing the emergence of an "Open Web," a high-ranking Mozilla official
| on Friday nonetheless stressed that steps still must be taken to preserve
| openness in the face of potential threats.
|
| The official, Mark Surman, Mozilla executive director, urged participation in
| the "OneWeb Day" set for September 22.
|
| [...]
|
| "If you want the Web to be more secure, let's get rid of the 100 million
| copies of IE (Microsoft Internet Explorer) 6 that are still out there," said
| Surman, whose employer is best known as the maker of the  Firefox browser
| that rivals IE.
`----

http://news.idg.no/cw/art.cfm?id=AE5698BD-1A64-67EA-E444A7E536C6564C

My Favorite Firefox Feature

,----[ Quote ]
| Say you want to look up words using Cambridge Dictionaries Online Web site.
| Navigate to dictionary.cambridge.org, right-click on the search box, and
| select Add a Keyword for this Search. Give the new bookmark a name and assign
| a keyword to it, for example, camb. Next time you want to perform a search,
| enter camb followed by the query into the Location bar, for example: camb
| monkey. Hit Enter, and you should see a list of found results
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/Blogs/Productivity-Sauce-Dmitri-s-open-source-blend-of-productive-computing/My-Favorite-Firefox-Feature

Recent:

thirty million downloads of firefox 3.5

,----[ Quote ]
| In less than three weeks, more than 30 million people have taken the
| initiative and downloaded a copy of Firefox 3.5.
`----

http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/asa/archives/2009/07/thirty_million_downl.html

First Look: Firefox 3.7’s New Design

,----[ Quote ]
| It hasn’t even been a month since Firefox 3.5 was released to the masses, but
| Mozilla is already hard at work on FirefoxFirefoxFirefox 3.7. We gave you a
| sneak peek at what features are coming in 2010, but now we know what Firefox
| 3.7 may look like when it’s released.
`----

http://mashable.com/2009/07/20/firefox-37-screenshot/

Mozilla Firefox 3.6 Project Codenamed Namoroka

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla has announced it’s new Project – Mozilla Firefox 3.6 which is
| codenamed “Namoroka“, with an intended release target of early-to-mid 2010
`----

http://www.webdotdev.com/nvd/content/view/2039/

Firefox 3.6 To Have Self-Profiling Extension

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.searchenginejournal.com/firefox-36-to-have-self-profiling-extension/11070/