Re: Missing Persona

Hadron wrote:

> GPS <georgeps@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> wjp wrote:
>>
>>> Has Roy Schestowitz gone on vacation?  I really miss his News feeds.
>>>
>>> Have a peace-filled day,
>>> Bill P.
>>
>> I don't know where Roy is.
>>
>> I hope that Roy is alright.
>>
>> In hindsight I have been overly critical of Roy and some of his opinions
>> here on several occasions, and I suspect it has lead to no useful effect.
>>
>> Roy, I am sorry for the criticism I posted.  I realize that you do what
>> you do, because you think it is best for you, and you share it with
>> others, because you want to live in a world that shares your views.
>>
>> While I do disagree at times, I will try to learn in the future, rather
>> than
>> force my views of truth.  If I wish others to do the same, I am better
>> off making my own actions reflect my beliefs.
>>
>> -GPS
>>

> Do you realise you have just offered to believe his lies and accept his
> lies as truth no matter what? I don't know if Liarmutt needs someone
> else suckling at Roy. He's very, very territorial.

What is belief?

If I attach myself to the idea that the Earth is flat, at one time that
would be true.  In some cases and places that is still a true.

Why should I associate an individual's knowledge they have acquired with
what they are?

Is a person more than their ideas and experiences?

I choose to look deeper, and see that Roy has an intention to help, and
while I may disagree about some layers above his intention, if I do so, it
will not be in the same way I have chosen in the past.

I can learn from ideas that I may not have accepted or labeled with "stupid"
or "dumb."  In most cases when I learn more about why an individual does
what they have chosen, I find that their intent, and understanding helps me.
I do not need to choose to believe everything they do, just as you do not
need to choose to believe everything that I do.

Respectfully,

GPS