Re: [News] Mac OS X Does Not Look Better Than GNU/Linux

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> > I've never used OS X much. The couple of times I've used it, I found its
> > interface to be clunky and annoying as hell.
> >
> > It couldn't be any less intuitive in many respects.
>
> I actually found it user friendly. Like Linux (KDE4).

Seriously?  KDE4?  Really?  Any time someone mentions a positive
adjective and KDE4 in the same sentence, I can't help but wonder whether
they're being sarcastic or not.

For me, nothing beats the simplicity of a terminal with tabs and IceWM.
Now *that's* what I call intuitive!

I've got a Macbook w/ OS X Leopard, and pretty much the only thing I
like about it is the fact that I can run my university's exam-writing
software on it.  I find it slow and it gets in my way.  iLife (at least
the rendition of it that came bundled with Leopard) is crashy and a huge
memory hog, especially iTunes.

The UI just seems so hacked together as well.  No, people, pretty
effects *!=* usability.  Expose works fairly well to keep windows
managed, but that was added well after 10.0, so it wasn't part of the
original design of OS X.  And the "zoom button"??  JUST MAKE THE #$^ING
WINDOW FILL THE SCREEN.  Ahem...