Re: [News] Dell and Acer Both Use GNU/Linux in Their Desktop Strategy

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

My current laptop is a Dell which shipped with Ubuntu. I bought it shortly after Ubuntu Intrepid was released, when they were still shipping with Hardy, and immediately dist-upgraded to Intrepid Ibex, and I've upgraded again, since, to Jaunty Jackalope.

Apart from having to send it in for repair once (fried motherboard, my fault, but got it repaired on warranty anyway) I've had no problems with it, and I hope Linux on OEM desktop/laptop machines becomes a continuing trend.