[News] GNU/Linux Games Galore and More New Games

Linux games mega collection - Part 7

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to the seventh Linux gaming compilation. Hopefully, you will like
| this one as much as the others. I have carefully selected today's titles, and
| I believe you'll be pleasantly surprised by the repertoire. The long-awaited
| Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory is finally here. Then, there's the masterpiece
| UFO: Alien Invasion, a remake of the legendary UFO: Enemy Unknown. Fans of
| board games, including 3D board games, will also like today's choices. Racing
| fans won't be left in the dry, either. We will talk about Liero and Liero
| clones, two other FPS, a number of arcade games, and more. It should
| definitely be interesting.
`----

http://www.dedoimedo.com/games/linux-games-yet-more.html

Eschalon Review: Commercial Role-Playing Game for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Eschalon is a turn-based RPG (role-playing game), which tries to reproduce
| the feeling of classic RPG games. It's closed-source, available for Linux,
| Mac OS X and Windows, and it comes with a demo too. The full version is
| available as a download for $19.95.
`----

http://tuxarena.blogspot.com/2009/06/eschalon-review-commercial-role-playing.html

FreeTumble 1.0 released

,----[ Quote ]
| FreeTumble is a free 2D Puzzle game with hardware accelerated graphics from
| Seby and Suiland.
| It is based on Collapse, and features 3 different game modes, nice visuals
| and music and bonus.
| FreeTumble is available for Linux and Windows in English, French and German.
`----

http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=2568

Recent:

Linux Games: Torus Trooper

,----[ Quote ]
| I am a child of the 80s (born in 1967), so I remember well the likes of
| Tempest, Zaxon, Galaga, Zap, Centipede, and many more games that stole my
| quarters over the years. These games helped to define my generation as the
| first to stare, glassy-eyed at a screen in hopes of having their name on the
| high score display. I never did. It was one of the big disappointments of my
| youth.
`----

http://www.ghacks.net/2009/06/21/linux-games-torus-trooper/

25 awesome Cross-platform games you can download for free

,----[ Quote ]
| I'd certainly never want that to happen to any of our DownloadSquad readers,
| so here's a list of games that you can install on Windows, Mac, and Linux
| (and some even on BeOS and BSD). Enjoy!
`----

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/06/20/free-open-source-cross-platform-games/

Linux Gaming at Linuxtag 2009