[News] Great New Applications for GNU/Linux: Pianoteq3, Pianoteq3 and Overviews

Pianoteq3 For Linux: A Product Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Great praise to the awesome Philippe Guillaume and his brilliant crew.
| Pianoteq is simply amazing. Its sound quality is excellent, its user
| interface is attractive and invites interaction, the add-on instruments are
| wonderful, et cetera, et cetera. It's not free and it isn't open-source
| software, but its developers are certainly interested in the open-source
| community of music makers. In this community member's opinion, Pianoteq for
| Linux gets four out of four big stars (or Emperor penguins, take your pick).
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/pianoteq3-linux-product-review

Krut: screencasts made easy

,----[ Quote ]
| Need to whip up a quick screencast? You might want to use Krut for the job.
| This cross-platform screen recording tool has virtually no learning curve,
| and offers a few useful features that can help you to create high-quality
| screencasts with consummate ease. Krut is written in Java, so you have to
| install the Java Runtime Environment on your system before you can run the
| utility. Krut requires no installation, and you can launch the application by
| simply running the KRUT.jar file.
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/Blogs/Productivity-Sauce-Dmitri-s-open-source-blend-of-productive-computing/Krut-screencasts-made-easy

18 KDE Edutainment Programs – Great free Linux kids Tutors & learning tools

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux is just one of the great things that everyone should know about.  If
| you ever experienced one of your kids saying “Daddy, what should I do next,
| I’m bored”, then you’ll appreciate the great number of free and wonderful
| educational programs available on Linux.  The apps shown here are KDE based
| but should work in most if not all Linux distros and desktop environments.
| My recommendation – You can install Edubuntu and get many of these apps, or
| if you’re just looking to add a kids ’section’ install Kubuntu or your
| favorite KDE desktop (Debian, Mandriva are excellent choices, see our reviews
| in the Linux tools section).  Then jump over to your package manager and
| select these games to install.
`----

http://techexposures.com/2009/06/kde-edutainment-free/

Which version control system is best for you?

,----[ Quote ]
| Version control systems are indispensable if you're working on a multi-person
| project, and they're pretty damn useful even if you're just working solo.
| Keeping a full history of the changes you've made gives you a basic backup
| and enables you to revert back to an earlier version if you screw something
| up.
|
| But with so many options available, from the rather dated CVS onwards, which
| one is best? What about distributed versus centralised? Read on as we look at
| three of the big names - Bazaar, Subversion and Git - to give you an idea of
| which one might best suit you and your project, whether that's large-scale
| software, small-scale coding, keeping track of config files or anything else
| that might spring to mind.
`----

http://www.tuxradar.com/content/which-version-control-system-best-you

Recent:

8 Great Linux Apps Worth Bragging About, part 2

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reviews/6759/1/