Re: [News] [Rival] ODF Gains the Upper Hand Despite Microsoft Crimes, Smears, FUD

http://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/06/02/finally-google-docs-can-open-docx-and-xlsx-files

> So all this is vapor?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_Open_XML_software

I found that last link a tad confusing when I came to this bit.  No doubt
you could put it simply for me:-

=====================================
Microsoft Office 2010

    * Microsoft has stated that Microsoft Office 2010 will be the first
version of Microsoft Office to support ISO/IEC 29500, though no release
date has been announced.[104]

Microsoft Office 2007

    * On July 28, 2008 Murray Sargent, a software development engineer in
the Microsoft Office team confirmed that Word 2007 will have a service pack
release that enables it to read and write ISO standard OOXML files.[105]
However, as of Service Pack 2 (released 2009) Microsoft are not claiming
Microsoft Office 2007 compatibility with the ISO OOXML standard.[106]