Re: [News] [Rival] ODF Gains the Upper Hand Despite Microsoft Crimes, Smears, FUD

Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 21:19:09 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> ODF and the Art of Interoperability
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| While OOXML-compliant software seems conspicuous by its absence
>
> What???
>
> Even Google docs can read OOXML.
>
> http://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/06/02/finally-google-docs-can-open-docx-and-xlsx-files

BZZZT! Wrong!

.docx and .xlsx are MS Office 2007 files. They are *not* compliant with
OOXML.

Did you think we would forget that? The author of the neowin article
sure does, as he is conflating MSOXML 2007 with OOXML.

Mart

--- AJS, quoting an uncertain source.