Re: [News] Mono is a Disaster, OpenSUSE Drifts Further Away from Novell

Tony Manco wrote:
> High Plains Thumper wrote:
>> Tony Manco wrote:
>>
>>> And yet some more proof that Mono is dangerous. Great
>>> post!
>>
>> I did a search for Mono in Synaptic on my main desktop.  I
>> then uninstalled all Mono features and 2 applications using
>> it, including Tomboy.  It was easier than switching off the
>> uninvited Windows .Net extension in Microsoft's recent
>> FireFox "patch".
>
> Did you purge it? (Complete Removal) :-P

No, I didn't.  I wanted to make sure that I didn't break
something in complete removal of all, including the libraries.  I
didn't, so now I am at liberty to do the same (but with purge) to
all my other systems.

However, its residing on the system uninstalled is much like
trolls in a kill file.   :-)

>> (Seeing Flatfish has accused Linux advocates of "latent
>> homosexuality", it would not surprise me that he gravitates
>> toward the likes of "TomBoy".)
>
> Haha, nice one :-P

:-)

--