Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 6th of June, 2009.

  • Subject: Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 6th of June, 2009.
  • From: "Homer" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 09:00:47 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ngstats.pl version 1.31

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by Homer, 2007 - 2009.

This report covers 945 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     335 1356084     1%
   2. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        97   97779    61%
   3. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                            59  106490    88%
   4. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>       48   60135    69%
   5. wispygalaxy <wispygalaxy@xxxxxxxxx>               46   54388    72%
   6. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        34   75793    52%
   7. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    33   15990    64%
   8. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>            31   52287    58%
   9. Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>               28    8552    34%
  10. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      23   33507    71%
  11. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          22   40296    75%
  12. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid.   20   90217    29%
  13. Sinister Midget III <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          17   27537    63%
  14. TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                  15   13272    61%
      Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          15    9906    69%
  16. GreyCloud <cumulus@xxxxxxxx>                      14   18458    86%
  17. Marti van Lin <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                  12   20889    47%
  18. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                         11   26023    14%
  19. unionpenny@xxxxxxxxx                              10   14947    57%
  20. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                  9   12656    58%
  21. Ian Hilliard <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>             8   15150    82%
  22. AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           5    6703    74%
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                5   13380    86%
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>               5   10260    24%
      Tony(UK) <tony_smith100@xxxxxxxxxxx>               5    8120    78%
  26. Nigel Feltham <nigel.feltham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>       4    5373    52%
      Paul Hovnanian P.E. <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>           4     719    51%
  28. bb <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                         3    5337    45%
      General Patron <GP@xxxxxxxxxxx>                    3    1053    51%
      Lusotec <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                        3    2532    39%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. Possible Record for Java Programming, New GNU Util       59   73357
   2. Microsoft, Asus launch anti-Linuxbook campaign           53  107802
   3. What to do with a Quad Core 8Gb RAM PC?                  43   74298
   4. Trolls out in full force for a Sunday night              39   33234
   5. [News] New Ubuntu Gecko EduBook Netbook powered by       34   37060
   6. Should this happen?                                      26   34684
   7. [News] Possible Record for Java Programming, New G       23   28771
   8. Dell Vostro Mini                                         21   20549
   9. Linux Mint 7 - nice                                      17   22596
  10. MAFIAA Attacks Children, Professor Accuses MAFIAA        13   18019
      My recent trip to the superstore to look at netboo       13   21464
  12. LINUX powers Microsofts Big New BING search engine       12   13357
      [News] Ubuntu Update Quietly Installs Firefox Exte       12   29551
  14. Google Chrome for Linux so bad Google warns - DON'       11    9372
  15. [News] Microsoft is Scared of Big Scary GNU/Linuz        10    9500
      DNS Changer                                              10    8495
      [News] Microsoft Update Quietly Installs Firefox E       10   21336
  18. [News] Fedora Dumps Mono/Tomboy, Goes with Gnote          9   11400
  19. Microsoft's criminal behavior forces IE6 users to         8   10161
      Microsoft 'King of FUD'                                   8   28521
  21. Meet the Smartbook, Microsoft's Nemisis                   7    4757
      [News] ASUS Walloped As Profits Crash 94%                 7   14476
      Why oh why are they using Windows in critical infr        7    3047
      c                                                         7    3732
  25. [News] [Rival] Windows Vista So Disgusting That Ev        6   11475
      Ubuntu User                                               6    5915
      BING! BANG! BONG! Microsoft's new search engine wo        6    2023
      Film "Starwreck in the Pirkinning" uses XP for its        6    6797
  29. Eclipse and Linux rock                                    5    2512
      [News] New Sub-notebooks to Cost $176 and Run GNU/        5    3520
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       47
   2. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     32
   3. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      27
   4. wispygalaxy <wispygalaxy@xxxxxxxxx>                              25
   5. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           20
   6. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   17
   7. Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              15
   8. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     14
   9. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                           10
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         10
  11. TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                                  9
      Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          9
  13. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        8
  14. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           7
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                              7
  16. unionpenny@xxxxxxxxx                                              6
      GreyCloud <cumulus@xxxxxxxx>                                      6
  18. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                         5
      Marti van Lin <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                                  5
  20. Tony(UK) <tony_smith100@xxxxxxxxxxx>                              4
      Sinister Midget III <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          4
  22. Ian Hilliard <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                            3
      Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                 3
      SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>                                       3
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                               3
  26. bb <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                        2
      jebblue <n@xxxxx>                                                 2
  28. General Patron <GP@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                   1
      Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                               1
      Joel <joel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                       1
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    150
   2. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        73
   3. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       72
   4. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          71
   5. Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              69
   6. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       68
   7. Marti van Lin <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                                 65
      Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                           65
   9. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   63
      Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           63
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      63
  12. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                62
      wispygalaxy <wispygalaxy@xxxxxxxxx>                              62
      Sinister Midget III <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         62
  15. TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                                 61
      unionpenny@xxxxxxxxx                                             61
  17. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         59
      Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     59
      Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         59
  20. Ian Hilliard <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           55
      GreyCloud <cumulus@xxxxxxxx>                                     55
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           483
   2. slrn                                                            198
   3. Pan                                                              88
   4. Thunderbird                                                      66
   5. Forte Agent                                                      32
   6. G2/1.0                                                           30
   7. XPN                                                              26
   8. tin                                                              15
   9. Microhard Lookout                                                 4
  10. 40tude_Dialog                                                     2
  11. ProNews/2                                                         1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
      Sylpheed                                                          1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's throat, for which
| the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf
| denounces him for the same act, as the destroyer of liberty.
| Plainly the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of
| the word liberty; and precisely the same difference prevails today
| among human creatures." ~ Abraham Lincoln
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.26.8-57.fc8
 09:00:29 up 8 days, 12:58,  2 users,  load average: 0.64, 0.16, 0.05