Re: [News] Fedora Dumps Mono/Tomboy, Goes with Gnote

On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 16:43:16 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out
>   this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> In article <20090604093135.3951.69037.XPN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>>  Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Erik Funkenbusch took another hit and mumbled:

>>> How do Roy's posts make "you guys" look like idiots?
>>
>> Because this is the fourth or fifth version of Fedora he has claimed has
>> dropped Mono, and this is the fourth or fifth time he made that up, and
>> "you guys" continue to think he is an accurate news source.
>
> What makes you think we think that, Tim?

Because you are constantly shoving your nose up Roy's ass, Chris.

You comment on his posts, agreeing with them, when most of the time they're
not true, or at best deceptive.

>> Also, because Roy's idea of citing a source is to cite himself, and "you
>> guys" have no problem with that. It's astonishing how many of Roy's
>> claims turn out, if you follow his chain of self-cites back until you
>> finally get something that is actually a source, turn out to have no
>> backing at all.
>
> YOU care a lot more about Roy's links that we do, apparently.

What does that say about you?

>> His newest trick, though, is kind of clever. Tweet about something, wait
>> for someone to see his tweet and blog about it, and then cite that. It's
>> ultimately still a self-cite, but it *looks* like a cite to someone else.
>> Very dishonest--but at least in a clever way.
>
> If that were really true, I've already given you the necessary formula for
> innoculation against such propaganda:
>
>    Use.  Your.  Own.  Brain.

Something you seem to fail to do on a regular basis.