Re: [News] Asus Eee Sub-notebooks with GNU/Linux Shipped for $180

  this bit o' wisdom:

> ____/ Terry Porter on Saturday 28 March 2009 21:47 : \____
>
>> We have a hacker in our local Linux User Group. I've watched him take *one*
>> look at a page projection of code on the screen, and type it all into his
>> handheld without looking again.
>
> Arbitrary question: is it just me, or do people open a file manager less and
> less as time goes by? (because of the Web browser)
>
> The way we all use computers is changing a lot over time.

The only time I use a file-manager is in Windows, or when I want to do a
number of renames that don't have an easy pattern (otherwise I'd use the
cool 'rename' Perl script).

With filename tab-completion and 'history', there's not as much need to take
the time to fire up a file manager and navigate the mouse cursor all over
the place.

Modified:

--
* |Rain| prepares for Windows Update