Re: OLPC Moves to ARM. Farewell, Windows XP?

Verily I say unto thee, that Chris Ahlstrom spake thusly:
> After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out this bit o'
> wisdom:

>> So designing a better children's computer, based on extensive field
>> research in third world classrooms to find out what the teachers
>> actually need, ...
>
> Microsoft:  "They need Windows."
>
>> is sabotage?

Yes it is, because until Negropronte introduced the OLPC programme,
neither Microsoft nor Intel had any Interest in the third-world, and
only gained interest out of malice and greed, because they'd rather
"compete" with a charity than lose mindshare to their rivals, even if
that "loss" is to charity *aid* - aid which nobody with any moral fibre
would ever think of in terms of being a "market".

To put this into context, so even an immoral prick like you can
understand, what Microsoft and Intel conspired to do to the OLPC
charity, would be comparable to Wal-Mart sabotaging Oxfam so they could
sell rice at a loss to starving Africans, for no better reason than to
gain "market share".

> Why don't you go troll an OLPC forum?

He probably does, using one of his Stalker nyms, like harlowsmonkeys.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It
|  is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." ~ William
|  Pitt the Younger

 22:18:33 up 128 days,  6:01,  5 users,  load average: 0.05, 0.08, 0.08