Re: [News] Vista 7 Bound to Fail on Sub-notebooks (Marketing Stunt)

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 03:04:59 GMT, 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> Otellini: Windows 7 Upgrade for Netbooks Will Be Tough'
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Microsoft has a challenge: Sell a Windows upgrade as a way to save
>> | money.
>> |
>> | The company's fourth quarter Windows revenue declined 8 percent, as PC
>> | buyers opted for lower-priced netbooks that run either Windows XP or
>> | Linux, rather than the higher-priced Windows Vista operating system,
>> | which does not run on netbook hardware.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.pcworld.com/article/160967/windows7_netbooks.html?tk=rss_news

>Micoshaft products suck on netbooks. I've seen it. It just does not work!
>Its nowhere near as productive as running Linux on an EEE.

Vista sucks on all notebooks.  The slower drive makes vista even more painful
to use than usual.

Give vista a fast enough processor, enough memory, and a fast drive, and what
you have is something that weighs as much as a desktop and runs too hot to place
on one's lap.