Re: [News] John Dvorak Dumps Windows for GNU/Linux, Disappointed with BetaVista7

  this bit o' wisdom:

> ____/ Chris Ahlstrom on Tuesday 10 March 2009 11:29 : \____
>
>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out
>>   this bit o' wisdom:

>>> So, Schestowitz lied about another article.  In equally regular and
>>> predictable news, the Sun rose today.
>>
>> He made you look at the article, eh?  ;->
>>
>> Sort of.
>>
>>    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2342703,00.asp
>>
>>    I cannot wean myself off Windows altogether because, well, I write about
>>    Windows. But for ancillary machines that I put together where I need
>>    reliability and low price, I'm always going to see whether Ubuntu works.
>>    And if it does, that's what gets installed.
>>
>>    If I had a small or mid-size company, I'd probably use only Linux and
>>    open-source software, just to stay out of the way of the software police
>>    and their onerous "audits"---another abhorrent situation that, to me,
>>    is intolerable.
>>
>> Well, Tim, I consider myself to have dumped Windows, in much the same
>> manner.  If they said "We're rewriting all our software for Linux" at work,
>> I'd be ecstatic... wouldn't miss Windows in the least.
>>
>> However, /Roy/, I'd have written the Subject this way:
>>
>>    Dvorak tired of being dumped on by Windows
>
> Someone in IRC said he had dumped it.
>
> http://slashdot.org/firehose.pl?op=view&id=3690761 ("Dvorak Ditches Windows.")
>
> Overstatement, I guess.

And not far from the truth, at that.

--
Marigold:		Jealousy
Mint:			Virute
Orange blossom:		Your purity equals your loveliness
Orchid:			Beauty, magnificence
Pansy:			Thoughts
Peach blossom:		I am your captive
Petunia:		Your presence soothes me
Poppy:			Sleep
Rose, any color:	Love
Rose, deep red:		Bashful shame
Rose, single, pink:	Simplicity
Rose, thornless, any:	Early attachment
Rose, white:		I am worthy of you
Rose, yellow:		Decrease of love, rise of jealousy
Rosebud, white:		Girlhood, and a heart ignorant of love
Rosemary:		Remembrance
Sunflower:		Haughtiness
Tulip, red:		Declaration of love
Tulip, yellow:		Hopeless love
Violet, blue:		Faithfulness
Violet, white:		Modesty
Zinnia:			Thoughts of absent friends
	* An upside-down blossom reverses the meaning.