[News] Early Look at Sabayon Linux 4.1

Introducion and 4.1 Sneak Peek

,----[ Quote ]
| Sabayon is a DVD size distro, this means we can include most of the software
| most people will need on the disk, this helps new users and those who are new
| to package management systems, it may not be perfect, but I would rather
| choose what NOT to install, rather than installing minimally and running all
| the configs etc that are needed to get a working X11 system, otherwise we
| would all run Gentoo, right? This approach also allows us to get everything
| to work out of the box. Chances are if Sabayon doesnt work on your hardware
| out of the box or with minor configuration no other distro will at all.
`----

http://blog.hyperfish.org/2009/introduction-and-41-screenshots/

Looking good.

Recent:

Distro Review: Sabayon 4.0

,----[ Quote ]
| It may have been a while but I decided I should really get distro hopping
| again seriously. I like to try out new software, it’s almost a geeky form of
| OCD and besides, it makes for great review fodder I hope. Today’s candidate
| is the latest release of a distro I first looked at some time ago, Sabayon.
`----

http://danlynch.org/blog/2009/02/sabayon4/

Nova Linux released, Cuba joins the Linux bandwagon with Sabayon technologies

,----[ Quote ]
| Today is a good day, the University of Informatics Sciences - Havana, Cuba,
| released Nova Linux, the Official Cuban Linux distribution and guess what, it
| uses Entropy, the most promising Sabayon Linux technology.
`----

http://planet.sabayonlinux.org/?p=225

Sabayon 4 & future Entropy

,----[ Quote ]
| Also, it’s very probable that Sabayon 4.1 will be shipped in two forms,
| Sabayon and Sabayon Lite (DVD version with just one Desktop Environment and
| only selected applications).
`----

http://planet.sabayonlinux.org/?p=205

Sabayon Linux 4

,----[ Quote ]
| Sabayon Linux began life as a binary shortcut to a fully working Gentoo
| system. Early experiences with RR4 - Sabayon's original name - ranged
| from "nothing installed" to "data lost." Fortunately, the developers never
| gave up and today Sabayon is a beautiful, functional, and stable Linux
| desktop distribution.
`----

http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/316880/49ec1c4d05ecddc3/

Review: Sabayon 4 Lite MCE (Media Centre Edition)

,----[ Quote ]
| SABAYON Linux's live DVD provides one of the easiest ways of getting a
| Gentoo-based system installed on your PC, and its consistent top-10
| Distrowatch listing is testament to its success.
`----

http://reddevil62-techhead.blogspot.com/2009/02/review-sabayon-4-lite-mce-media-center.html

Sabayon - LiteMCE - sneak-peek

,----[ Quote ]
| With sabayon Linux 4.0 rolling on it’s way it’s time to look at some sort of
| a mini edition. We are gonna spin out a mini-dvd instead of a mini-cd. There
| is several reasons for this move and I’m not going to go into them as I don’t
| want to hear comments of not having a dvd drive for whatever reason it is.
| It’s the 21st Century, get with it and get a dvd drive, even microsoft is
| moving to dvd format releases.
|
| LiteMCE stands for lite dvd version, multimedia center edition. It’s desktop
| environment is gnome. It comes with xmbc for your multimedia. If I recall
| correctly the dvd download will be roughly 2GB.
`----

http://wgo.wolf911.us/?p=76

Review: Sabayon Linux 4.0

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=517

Sabayon - LiteMCE - sneak-peek

,----[ Quote ]
| With sabayon Linux 4.0 rolling on it’s way it’s time to look at some sort of
| a mini edition. We are gonna spin out a mini-dvd instead of a mini-cd. There
| is several reasons for this move and I’m not going to go into them as I don’t
| want to hear comments of not having a dvd drive for whatever reason it is.
| It’s the 21st Century, get with it and get a dvd drive, even microsoft is
| moving to dvd format releases.
|
| LiteMCE stands for lite dvd version, multimedia center edition. It’s desktop
| environment is gnome. It comes with xmbc for your multimedia. If I recall
| correctly the dvd download will be roughly 2GB.
`----

http://wgo.wolf911.us/?p=76

First impressions: Sabayon Linux Four Oh!

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.ruminationsonthedigitalrealm.org/2009/01/04/first-impressions-sabayon-linux-four-oh

Sabayon 4 & future Entropy

,----[ Quote ]
| Also, it’s very probable that Sabayon 4.1 will be shipped in two forms,
| Sabayon and Sabayon Lite (DVD version with just one Desktop Environment and
| only selected applications).
`----

http://planet.sabayonlinux.org/?p=205

The road to Sabayon 4