[News] New Linux Applications and Games: PiTiVi, Hedgewars and More

PiTiVi Video Editor: At the Start of Its Journey, Showing Lots of Potential

,----[ Quote ]
| PiTiVi is a non-linear video editor based on the GStreamer multimedia
| framework.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/pitivi-video-editor-at-the-start-of-its-journey-showing-lots-of-potential

Hedgewars 0.9.11

,----[ Quote ]
| Hedgewars, an open source turn-based strategy game like Worms but with
| hedgehogs, is at version 0.9.11.
`----

http://www.linuxgames.com/archives/13823

Top 10 Apps that Boosts Ubuntu’s User Experience

,----[ Quote ]
| 1) Ubuntu Tweak
|
| Ubuntu Tweak allows changing all the itsy-bitsy pieces of Ubuntu desktop OS.
| It is the equivalent of TweakUI for Windows. You can achieve the same results
| by using the gconf-editor tool in Ubuntu. Ubuntu Tweak also helps install
| third-party upgrades in a simpler fashion so it definitely gives a new boost
| to your clumsy Ubuntu desktop and increases UserExperience.
`----

http://www.programmerfish.com/top-10-apps-that-boosts-ubuntus-user-experience/

Business Card Tutorial in Inkscape.org

,----[ Quote ]
| This tutorial will demonstrate how to create a business card template using
| Inkscape. The steps in this tutorial will work for Inkscape versions 0.46 and
| 0.47.
`----

http://blog.worldlabel.com/2009/business-card-tutorial-in-inkscapeorg.html

Qt vs. GTK: Konqueror, Arora, Firefox, Midori, Epiphany

,----[ Quote ]
| I’ve mentioned a couple of times that, at least in my opinion, KDE is losing
| out to GNOME because there simply aren’t as many Qt applications as GTK ones.
| Competition breeds quality, and as a result, I find Qt applications in
| general to be inferior.
`----

http://celettu.wordpress.com/2009/05/28/qt-vs-gtk-konqueror-arora-firefox-midori-epiphany/

Recent:

8 Great Linux Apps Worth Bragging About, part 2

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reviews/6759/1/