Re: [News] Possible Record for Java Programming, New GNU Utilities from CodeSourcery

William Poaster wrote:

> On Fri, 29 May 2009 17:11:14 -0400, above the shrieking, FUDding & whining
> of the trolls wispygalaxy was heard to say:
>
>> Hadron wrote:

>>> I agree with Shearman here.
>>>
>>> Java is a sloppy, slow mess.
>>>
>>> It got popular because they "cross platformed it" (or claimed it) early
>>> enough to sucker people in. The great majority of "cross platform" Java
>>> apps are still a mess with differnt ideas of what GUI to use and,
>>> generally, the programmer have ZERO idea about efficiency.
>>
>> I've been interested in learning Java recently.  I skimmed some books and
>> decided that Java looked alright.  It's used a lot in finance, which I'm
>> majoring in.  And my school teaches it extensively in CS classes.
>>
>> Have you tried out Java?  Was it too slow for your taste?  What kind of
>> programming you do?
>
> He claims to be a windows programmer.
>
> I'm a long term Windows user and programmer.
> Hadron Quark: Message-ID: <87y7hxdaei.fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Newsgroup: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
> Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007

Interesting- I didn't know that, William.  But I thought that he uses Debian
most of the time.  :S  Hadron, which one do you love more- Debian or
Windows?

I was a long term Windows user myself, but I can't imagine going back to
Windows full-time!  I'll miss the eye-candy and cool apps that Debian has.