Re: [News] Possible Record for Java Programming, New GNU Utilities from CodeSourcery

On Fri, 29 May 2009 17:11:14 -0400, above the shrieking, FUDding & whining
of the trolls wispygalaxy was heard to say:

> Hadron wrote:
>
>> wispygalaxy <wispygalaxy@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>> Do you like C++?  I always see Java vs. C++ discussions.
>>>

>> I agree with Shearman here.
>>
>> Java is a sloppy, slow mess.
>>
>> It got popular because they "cross platformed it" (or claimed it) early
>> enough to sucker people in. The great majority of "cross platform" Java
>> apps are still a mess with differnt ideas of what GUI to use and,
>> generally, the programmer have ZERO idea about efficiency.
>
> I've been interested in learning Java recently.  I skimmed some books and
> decided that Java looked alright.  It's used a lot in finance, which I'm
> majoring in.  And my school teaches it extensively in CS classes.
>
> Have you tried out Java?  Was it too slow for your taste?  What kind of
> programming you do?

He claims to be a windows programmer.

I'm a long term Windows user and programmer.
Hadron Quark: Message-ID: <87y7hxdaei.fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Newsgroup: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007

--