Re: [News] MAFIAA Attacks Children, Professor Accuses MAFIAA of Abusing the Law

DFS wrote:
> High Plains Thumper wrote:
>
>> I found out that Girl Scouts are not permitted to sing or
>> dance to a boom box around a camp fire, due to the likes of
>> organisations like ASCAP.
>>
>> http://archive.southcoasttoday.com/daily/08-96/08-23-96/b02li056.htm
>
>> It is nothing more than a pretense for greed, IMHO, not much
>> different than the patent FUD that Linux infringes on
>> Microsoft's software patents.
>
> And not any different than you going to work each day and
> demanding to be paid.

http://www.ecis.eu/documents/Finalversion_Consumerchoicepaper.pdf

It is a well detailed summary of the anti-competitive acts of
monopoly maintenance by the Microsoft Corporation, authors of the
Windows brand of OS software.  It outlines the anti-competitive
acts against Linux including patent FUD, which is found on Page
23 of the document:

[quote]
In an apparent escalation of its patent FUD strategy, Microsoft
sued the navigational system vendor, TomTom, for patent
infringement at the end of February 2009. Three patent claims
related to Linux are included in the lawsuit.[135] At least two
of them are related to highly questionable patents on long file
name support in Windows, which have been partially invalidated by
an EC patent court on the grounds that Microsoft’s patent claims
were “not based on inventive activity”.[136] While Microsoft has
publicly claimed that its action is not directed against Linux or
open source, and the case was settled in March 2009 pursuant to a
mostly confidential agreement, this represents an aggressive
development of Microsoft’s use of spurious or highly questionable
patent claims to intimidate and eliminate competition from Linux
in order to maintain or strengthen its dominant position in the
OS market.

135. See Bruce Perens, Analyzing Microsoft’s TomTom Lawsuit,
DATAMATION.COM, Mar. 1, 2009, available at
http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3807801/Bruce-Perens-Analyzing-Microsofts-Linux-Lawsuit.htm
and Richard Hillesley, TomTom – The drums of a patent war with
Microsoft? ITPRO.COM, Mar. 5, 2009, available at
http://www.itpro.co.uk/610093/tomtom-the-drums-of-a-patent-war-with-microsoft.

136. See, e.g., Federal Patent Court declares FAT patent of
Microsoft null and void, HEISE ONLINE, Mar. 2, 2007, available at
http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/86141.
[/quote]

> You're an idiot, HPT

Who's the idiot?  I'd give up the ad hominem attacks if I were
you, it makes you look incredibly stupid.

--
HPT