Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista So Horrible That Microsoft Wants it Buried

Hadron wrote:
"DFS" <nospam@xxxxxxxx> writes:

Goblin wrote:

I won't quote Hadron since its more of the same, but would ask Hadron
and yourself, what makes me the idiot?
Well, this for a start:

www.boycottnovell.com is "the most interesting and informative site on the web."

That alone identifies you as someone who lacks any sort of critical thinking ability.

Good spot.

In fairness I only judged him on his claims of "20+ years" being a 1337
programmer and being totally ignorant of usenet .sig standards.

I did not claim anything, and in respect of .Sig standards I would have thought someone with as awesome an IT expertise as you would know that Thunderbird automatically enters the "--" at the beginning of a sig file. (I had to intentionally delete it for reasons below)

As you can see by http://openbytes.wordpress.com/2009/05/25/attacking-linux-hadron-style/

The purpose of intentionally removing it was to do something that the MS faithful get very wound up about....drawing attention to links that do not look favorable for their beloved proprietary companies....If you care to look back at my posts, even before you implied I knew nothing of the sig standards, I was actually using them. Check back yourself.

As I hinted before you even brought it up, I was looking to bait those with dubious intentions in order to write an article on my site, that's why I alternated between .sig standards and no .sig standards, to try to bring those dubious people out the woodwork.

It certainly did work, and that particular article has proved popular enough to make a followup, including someone who has sifted through BN's IRC logs to try and identify me.

But hey, if anyone wants to judge someones worth of IT skill on an issue about .sig regardless, then who I am I to argue. Theres no pro-MS argument so they may as well tackle the .sig issue.

Thanks people, and also thanks to the poster on my site who linked to the COLA trolls.

--

Goblin
bytes4free@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Website: