Re: A battle over deposing Bill Gates

Verily I say unto thee, that nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx spake thusly:
> <Quote>
[...]
> Billg, as you'll see him referred to in the exhibits, well, at the
> deposition, he don't know nuttin'... Asked if he knows what the term
> evangelizing meant as used by Microsoft, his first answer was that
> it's used in different ways by different people. His answer when he
> is pressed for his understanding of the purpose of evangelizing is
> that it's "usually to convert somebody to a religion belief." Right.
> That's the ticket.
>
> He must have forgotten the 1997 "Evangelism is War" confidential
> Microsoft memo.
>
> Guess what the subject matter at issue is now? Interoperability.
[...]
> Bill Gates who personally decided to "de-document" certain shell
> extensions. Just as they were getting to that topic at the
> half-deposition, Novell tells the judge, Microsoft unilaterally
> halted the proceedings.
[...]
> See what I mean? This is performance art. It just doesn't work in a
> deposition or a courtroom.
> </Quote>
>
> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20090523231352189

Separated at birth: Bill Gates and Oliver North

"I have no clear memory of that" (in response to nearly every question)
~ Col. Oliver North, during the Iran Contra enquiry into, amongst other
things, the incriminating documents North shredded.

Uncanny.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's throat, for which
| the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf
| denounces him for the same act, as the destroyer of liberty.
| Plainly the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of
| the word liberty; and precisely the same difference prevails today
| among human creatures." ~ Abraham Lincoln

 23:09:51 up 13 days,  1:30,  4 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.07, 0.13