Re: [News] MAFIAA's Behaviour Alienates Even Musicians

  • Subject: Re: [News] MAFIAA's Behaviour Alienates Even Musicians
  • From: wispygalaxy <wispygalaxy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 15:21:37 -0400
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Free Mathematics Books
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Here is an alphabetical list of online mathematics books, textbooks,
> | monographs, lecture notes, and other mathematics related documents
> | freely available on the web. I tried to select only the works in book
> | formats, "real" books that are mainly in PDF format, so many well-known
> | html-based mathematics web pages and online tutorials are left out.
> | Click here if you prefer a categorized directory of mathematics books.
> | The list is updated almost on a daily basis, so, if you want to bookmark
> | this page, use the button in the upper right corner. Here are the books:
> `----
>
> http://www.e-booksdirectory.com/mathematics.php

This reminds me of when I took Microeconomics 101 last year.  There were two
versions of the textbook: paper and digital.  I bought the paper version
before realizing that there was a digital version for half as much.  If my
professor hadn't mentioned that there were digital versions available for
textbooks, I would have kept on buying paper textbooks.  I wouldn't have
known to check for a digital textbook.

Digital versions of textbooks are easier to deal with, I think.  I never
highlight or mark up my books since I want to sell them back, but digital
versions allow me to mess it up however I want to!  :P