[News] Cronies Take Over the TPB Case, MAFIAA Wants TPB Offline

Biased Pirate Bay Judge Judged by More Biased Judges

,----[ Quote ]
| To determine if the verdict in the Pirate Bay case was biased, the
| connections of Judge Tomas Norström to national and international
| pro-copyright lobby groups will be reviewed by another judge. However, the
| judge that was initially appointed has already been replaced because she was
| linked to the same organizations as Norström, and her replacement is not
| exactly unbiased either.

Music Labels Trying To Force Pirate Bay Offline Now

,----[ Quote ]
| Earlier this month, we noted that the record labels were already stretching
| The Pirate Bay ruling to use it to go after web hosting firms who clearly
| were far separated from the actions of their clients.

All the 'elites' have decided unanimously that protocols -- not
infringements -- need to be attacked. So when will they force Google offline
as well.

Another Scandal Surrounds Pirate Bay Judge

,----[ Quote ]
| Pirate Bay judge Tomas Norström’s objectivity has already been called into
| doubt because of his ties to national and international pro-copyright lobby
| groups. Now, one of the defense lawyers says he has uncovered another scandal
| and claims to have evidence that Norström wasn’t assigned to the case
| randomly, as should be the case according to court procedure.

Pirate Party 3rd Largest Political Party in Sweden

,----[ Quote ]
| Support for the Swedish Pirate Party surged following the Pirate Bay verdict
| and today it became the third largest political party in the country. When
| they are elected for the European Parliament next month, the party hopes to
| end the abuse of copyright by multi-billion dollar corporations.

Pirate Bay Verdict May Actually Lead To Pirate Party Official Joining European

,----[ Quote ]
| While the entertainment industry still really seems to think that the
| disputed verdict in the Pirate Bay trial was a victory, most folks who can
| look beyond the immediate ruling have recognized what a horrific loss this
| has been for the industry. On the technology side, it's done nothing of
| importance.

Stardock CEO: Focus On Your Customers; Don't Worry About Pirates

,----[ Quote ]
| You can waste an awful lot of energy and resources "fighting pirates" and
| losing, or you can focus on actually serving your customers and making money.
| Which seems more intelligent?

French film-makers and science fiction writers protest new anti-P2P law

Google Blocking Torrent Searches

,----[ Quote ]
| Google is blocking searches originating from torrent sites using Google
| Custom Search to find .torrent files, according to TorrentFreak.com, a move
| the founder of the site calls “censorship.”

Poll: Swedish pro file-sharing party gains support

,----[ Quote ]
| A new poll shows a Swedish party that calls for legalizing Internet
| file-sharing could win a seat in the European Parliament in June.
| The poll published Thursday in the Stockholm newspaper Dagens Nyheter shows
| the Pirate Party's backing has surged after a court verdict against The
| Pirate Bay file-sharing site. Four men behind The Pirate Bay were convicted
| this month of copyright violations and sentenced to a year in prison.

Swedish Pirate Party Heading for EU Parliament

,----[ Quote ]
| A poll carried out by a major Swedish newspaper predicts that the Pirate
| Party will grab around 5.1% of the votes in the upcoming European Union
| elections. This means that the movement, which has gathered huge momentum due
| to the Pirate Bay ‘guilty’ verdict, will get a seat in the EU Parliament.

Pirate Bay IP Addresses Assigned to Prosecution Lawyers

,----[ Quote ]
| The Pirate Bay recently got a new range of IPs and to everyone’s surprise
| they are now linked to several movie and music industry lawyers involved in
| the TPB trial. According to the Pirate Bay’s Wikipedia entry the change was
| due to a hostile takeover, but most people know better.

Rapidshare Shares Uploader Info with Rights Holders

,----[ Quote ]