Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Admit Windows Vista is a Failure

wispygalaxy wrote:

<snip>
> How can people not try something new and be stuck
> with the same boring thing???
<snip>

This one line probably summarises why you like Linux, you're interested in
*learning* about new things, and love a challenge!

Anyone with these personal attributes usually loves Linux, and those who
don't have them, hate it.

> The apps in Linux suit my needs, even in school.  I can make presentations
> in OO.org Impress without the need for PowerPoint.  I remember Psychology
> 101 when I had to create a presentation about the age group 25-35.  I had
> to type up all of the info my group found and make a presentation.  (This
> was when I was on Ubuntu 7.10.)  The text, colors, and transition effects
> were all intact when the file was opened on the classroom computer running
> Windows XP.  I got an A on that project, by the way.  :)

Of course! Someone like you is bound to succeed, go girl!

> I know for certain that my next laptop or netbook will have Linux on it.
> And I won't dual boot with Windows!

Who would, Windows is a waste of time and resources, in my opinion. I
personally have not had Windows on a machine of mine since 1997.

Keeping a Windows tin cans and 100m of string in case you want to talk to
someone over 100 metres, is pointless when you have the latest Linux radio
wrist watch!

indeed listen to.  Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
          Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008