Re: [News] K Desktop Environment 4.3 Looking Good, GNOME Elections Coming

wispygalaxy wrote:

> Peter Köhlmann wrote:
>
>> wispygalaxy wrote:
>>
>>> I used to think that Macs were only used when studios made movies.
>>
>> These days a gone.
>> Companies like Weta don't have money to throw away for getting Mac-
>> software which runs also on linux
>> And special effects companies like ILM (Industrial Lights & Magic from
>> George Lucas) have always been strongly linux (the "Star Wars" movies
>> were rendered on linux-clusters)
>
> Companies are cutting costs and getting a good deal at the same time.
> It's
> a win-win situation.  Star Wars was made with Linux?  That's awesome.

Not just Star Wars.
Basically all special effects in the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy were made
by linux. They were conceived on linux workstations and rendered on linux
clusters.
The incredible amounts of warriors in those movies were created by
"Massive", again running on linux

< snip >
--
"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
    -- Groucho Marx