Re: [News] K Desktop Environment 4.3 Looking Good, GNOME Elections Coming

Peter Köhlmann wrote:

> wispygalaxy wrote:
>>
>> Companies are cutting costs and getting a good deal at the same time.
>> It's
>> a win-win situation.  Star Wars was made with Linux?  That's awesome.
>>

> Not just Star Wars.
> Basically all special effects in the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy were made
> by linux. They were conceived on linux workstations and rendered on linux
> clusters.
> The incredible amounts of warriors in those movies were created by
> "Massive", again running on linux
>
> < snip >

I would have never thought that Linux made special effects.  I used to
believe that Linux only performed mundane tasks, such as running a server.
The average person does not realize how versatile Linux is.

I always wondered how movies could coordinate all of those warriors
successfully.  Thanks for telling me.  :)