Re: [News] Fedora 11 (GNU/Linux) Powers OLPC XO-1.5

  this bit o' wisdom:

> The OLPC XO-1.5 and Fedora 11
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Some good news from OLPC: we've decided to base the new XO-1.5 laptop's
>| software release on Fedora 11. Unlike previous releases, we plan to use a
>| full Fedora desktop build, booting into Sugar but giving users the option to
>| switch into a standard GNOME install instead. (This will mostly be useful for
>| older kids in high school.)
> `----
>
> http://blog.printf.net/articles/2009/05/16/the-olpc-xo-1-5-and-fedora-11

For a project some claim to be dead, it's nice to see the hardware moving
forward.

Up to 1 Gb of RAM and 4 of Flash.  More elbow room!

> One XO Learning Laptop Per South Carolinian School Child
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Last year, One Laptop Per Child/South Carolina launched a XO laptop pilot
>| project at Britton's Neck Elementary in Marion School District Seven and
>| Rains Centenary Early Childhood Center in Mullins, with 500 computers and an
>| over-riding goal: one XO learning laptop per South Carolinian school child.
> `----
>
> http://www.olpcnews.com/countries/usa/olpc_south_carolina_school_child.html

I hadn't heard about that. Interesting.  Some of SC is pretty, uh, rural.

--
Beware of Bigfoot!