Re: GNU/Linux is Evolution, Windows is a Dinosaur

Rex Ballard wrote:

<snip>
> When given the choice between identically configured Windows and Linux
> sub-notebooks, only 40% chose Windows.  OEMs like ASUS and ACER had to
> almost double the storage and memory to make Windows versions more
> popular than the ultralight Linux machines.
>
> Of course, the little sub-notebooks couldn't run Vista, so they were
> only given Windows XP Home edition.  And nobody knows how many Linux
> users purchased the Windows machines for the larger hard drives,
> camera, and Cellular Modems, and just installed Linux once they got
> them.

I have just been told about a *large* college that is receiving a huge
number of Asus netbooks under this new Australian govt ($500 Million XP
backroom Microsoft deal) netbooks for school kids scheme.

The machines are arriving with XP Home, and the college IT dept is
installing Linux on every single one. This could be as high as 2000 to
3000 machines.

Whilst Microsoft is very skilled at backroom deals with governments only
interested in money and power, but clueless about technology, on the ground
things are different these days.

IT departments are now staffed by kids who grew up with Linux, who know all
about Linux, who see the value of Linux and who want Linux.

People are no longer as stupid as Microsoft needs them to be.

indeed listen to.  Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
          Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008