Re: [News] Gnote 0.3.0

Doctor Smith wrote:

> On Fri, 08 May 2009 19:43:58 -0400, wispygalaxy wrote:
>

>> Well, most Linux users don't fall under a narrow set of characteristics.
>
> Many however do.

Where’s the proof for that??

>> Learn to open your mind.  As Linux spreads, there will be more types of
>> people using it.  :)
>
> The problem is Linux is not spreading.
> At least not desktop Linux.
>
> We've been hearing this same line for 15+ years and it hasn't happened
> yet.
>
> If Linux is unable to take advantage of Microsoft's screw ups, like
> Windows ME and Vista, then Linux is totally doomed as a mainstream desktop
> system and no amount of squawking in COLA will change that.

The Linux desktop needs to have more advertising.  Not many people have
heard about it before, sadly.  In my IT class this past fall, I was the
only one who heard of Linux.  (The professor took a poll of the class.)
People are mystified by computers, and they are afraid about switching over
to new operating systems.  Proper advertising will let people know that
Linux is a great alternative.  Even two years ago I never would have
dreamed about using Linux.  Thankfully, the Internet helps spread
information about Linux that the mainstream media fails to mention.