Re: [News] Getting Rid of Novell/Microsoft Mono and Moonlight

JEDIDIAH wrote:
On 2009-04-30, GreyCloud <cumulus@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

On 2009-04-30, Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 23:06:48 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

| This is Linux port of Microsoft sliverlight apparently designed to compete | with adobe flash. Silver light doesn't offer anything new that's not already | offered by adobe flash.
Spoken like a true ignoramus.
Here's a hint:  Scalable video.  It's amazing.
Here's another hint:   monopoly lockin. It's horrendous.
Even if true, it doesn't support the claim that Silverligh doesn't offer
anything new that's not already in flash.
There was a demo day for a couple of free viewings using Adobe Flash.
I tried out the TV version and also the HD version.  Both weren't that good
as compared to regular TV.  Too pixelated.

    It's the content, not the format.

    Most flash content is produced with the expectation that it will
specifically NOT be viewed on a TV (thus the whole Hulu debacle).

Flash's problem is poor performance for that content which is not essentially intened for use on a 20 year old Amiga.

Flash has its problems, I agree. It also gets jerky a bit on the video plus the audio
isn't synched up correctly to the video.

--
"It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument."
William G. McAdoo.