Re: [News] Getting Rid of Novell/Microsoft Mono and Moonlight

On 2009-04-30, GreyCloud <cumulus@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
>> On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 13:00:25 -0500, Sinister Midget wrote:
>>
>>> On 2009-04-30, Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:

>>> Here's another hint:   monopoly lockin. It's horrendous.
>>
>> Even if true, it doesn't support the claim that Silverligh doesn't offer
>> anything new that's not already in flash.
>
> There was a demo day for a couple of free viewings using Adobe Flash.
> I tried out the TV version and also the HD version.  Both weren't that good
> as compared to regular TV.  Too pixelated.

    It's the content, not the format.

    Most flash content is produced with the expectation that it will
specifically NOT be viewed on a TV (thus the whole Hulu debacle).

    Flash's problem is poor performance for that content which is
not essentially intened for use on a 20 year old Amiga.

--
     Negligence will never equal intent, no matter how you
attempt to distort reality to do so. This is what separates         |||