Re: Is Vista7 too FAT for most netbooks ?

After takin' a swig o' grog, Terry Porter belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> However, from past experience knowing that whatever "minimum specs"
> Microsoft states for an operating systems needs to be substantially
> boosted - doubled in the case of memory - what are we to make of the
> minimum specs below?
>
> * 1GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
> * 1 GB of RAM (32-bit)/2 GB of RAM (64-bit)
> * 16 GB of available disk space (32-bit)/20 GB (64-bit)
> * DirectX 9 graphics device with Windows Display Driver Model 1.0 or higher
> driver

My XO runs Linux decently with 256 Mb of RAM and a 1 Gb SSD.

'nuff said.

>  http://www.itwire.com/content/view/24773/1023/
>
> Furthermore, everyone and their dogs know that if you tried to run Vista on
> a computer with the above specs you would probably take a hammer to the
> device in frustration. Will the same be true of Windows 7?

With Windows 7, Microsoft has chosen to leave the coming sub-$200 market to
Linux.

--
Your boss is a few sandwiches short of a picnic.