[News] Another Microsoft AstroTurfer Exposed: âMr Deeâ

SOME time ago we wrote about the suspicion that âMr Deeâ, who is prolifically
posting sympathetic comments about Microsoft and hostile towards its
competition, is in fact a pseudonym of Andre Da Costa, whom Microsoft gave a
very expensive laptop for his comprehensive 'services' (in CNET alone, itâs
1260 comments and counting). The laptop is highly valuable where he lives and
this is important to those who wish to expose Microsoft AstroTurfing. Perhaps
under increased pressure and after overwhelming evidence supplied by Goblin,
it is now confirmed by Andre Da Costa himself that he is also âMr Deeâ. As
Goblin put it a few hours ago, âSo Andre Da Costa has (finally) admitted to
posting under another handle on Cnet (Mr Dee)âI wonder why? [...] You can see
his confession on his Twitter. Question is, why have two Cnet commenting
accounts? [...] At least this latest confession was made by him an not an
alleged âfriendâ (remember the laptop âgiftâ incident) [...] I think this can
be another example I can include in my submissions to the FTC.â

There is another important exposà coming because AstroTurf marketing is against
the law in Europe (and more recently the United states). There is a lot more
where that came from.

Meanwhile we also learn that Microsoft carries on with its usual behaviour at
Twitter [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6]. Here is a FOSS company being âbefriendedâ by yet
another Microsoft account. Sometimes itâs just Microsoft TEs who aggressively
promote Microsoft to them.

We are always getting closer to a complete presentation of how Microsoft tames
conversations on the Web. Here is âMr Deeâ enjoying the expensive gift
Microsoft shipped him (pictures of his Acer Ferrari 5000). â

Related:

    * LawMedia Group May be Another Confirmed Microsoft AstroTurfing Agency
    * The Microsoft Connection with Dewey Square Group and DCI/New Media
    * Microsoft âBribesâ Mac Bloggers to Slam Apple, Gartner Hosts Google FUD
    * Microsoft, TCS, DCI, Edelman, and Those Fake Letters About
IP/SCO/Monopoly
    * James Plamondon: Microsoft Guerrilla
    * FullSIX and Mr. Youth LLC May Be Ruining the Web (AstroTurfing) on
Microsoftâs Behalf
    * Microsoft: 800 lb. Guerrilla
    * Astroturfing Examples: Learning How Microsoft Tames the Internet
    * Waggener Edstrom, Maureen OâGara and Other Microsoft Shills
    * Partial Index: Summary of Bribed Sites, Journalists, and Bloggers (Vista
7)
    * Waggener-Edstrom Behind the 2008 Laptop Bribes, Edelman Behind 2006âs
    * Manipulation, Astroturfing, and What Governments Can Do
    * Beware the OOXML AstroTurfer: âThe Wraithâ, âmultivac1â, âhAlâ, Among
Other Nyms
    * Microsoft May Have Bribed India for OOXML Pressure
    * Microsoft Has Been Rigging Votes/Polls for Ages
    * Gary M. Stewart (aka âFlatfishâ) About Microsoft AstroTurfing: âItâs made
me A LOT of moneyâ.â
    * Former Microsoft Shill Openly Confesses, Alleges Microsoft Still Does
This
    * Respecting AstroTurfers?
    * Some New (But Very Old) Microsoft AstroTurfing Examples
    * Joe Barr, Linux.com Editor â My Obituary
    * Joe Barr Knew Microsoftâs Tactics All Too Well
    * 66 Pages of Microsoft Evilness
    * Another AstroTurf Scam Exposed?
    * Quick Mention: Sony is AstroTurfing, Just Like Microsoft
    * Memo to Novell: Leave YouTube Alone
    * Microsoft Blast from the Past: Ads Banned for Spurring Violence
    * Is YouTubeâs âNovellVideoâ a Novell AstroTurfer?
    * Microsoft/Munchkin âBreaksâ the Web to Break Open Document Standards
(Again)
    * Rob Enderle Guarantees âAmazing Numbersâ, Show E-mails to Microsoft
    * Microsoft Agents from Waggener Edstrom Airbrush Wikipedia, Glorify
Paymaster
    * Microsoft Unleashes Proxies at Journalists to Defend Vulnerable Vista
    * Microsoftâs OOXML Viral Marketing Reaches YouTube

From: âMr Deeâ from CNET Received Laptop Gift/Bribe from Microsoft
http://boycottnovell.com/2009/08/04/mr-dee-cnet-andre-da-costa-microsoft-pocket/