Re: [News] Vista 7 a Ripoff in the UK, Microsoft Tries to Tax GNU/Linux

bbgruff wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Microsoft imposes 100% price hike
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/index.cfm?newsid=120256
>
> So can somebody explain the mechanics of all this to me?
>
> Let's assume that I buy a PC with Windows 7 cheapest version ("Basic"?).
>
> I then want to upgrade.
> How is that upgrade done?
>  - on the 'net?
>  - by telephone?
>  - by physical media?

Luser! You haven't been following trollard advice here have you?
Just admit it, you ignore the wintrolls don't you?

Doofi paytard nut recommends pirating a CD because he does it all the time
and informs his locations to BSA so that he can pay tripple damages.
While Raylope paytard loon recommends flying out and buying a 50 pence CD
from Bangkok because thats what he does all day.

> What's to stop me going to the U.S. website, or 'phoning the U.S. agency,

What? You say this after all the advise I give to you?

> and paying on my credit card in U.S. dollars, paying telephone charges,

The paytards are having wet dreams about you by now.

> currency conversion charges, and any delivery charges as well, of course?

Of course.

> Is that possible?

If the airline has in-flight internet access on your plane to Bangkok you
might be able to do this.

> If not, why not?

Now that is just being negative. Make sure the airline has in-flight
internet access and you will be OK.

> - and if not, how is it prevented, and why?

Bangkok has a lot more diversions than 50p CDs you know.