Re: [News] [Rival] Poverty Strikes Microsoft Neighbourhood

____/ Rick on Sunday 16 August 2009 14:04 : \____

> On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 07:40:35 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:
>
>> Rick wrote:

>>> No, they haven't been prosecuted for criminal actions. They have been
>>> sued by the USDOJ for their civil illegal activity. I am not sure what
>>> you call it in Europe.
>>
>> This is a company that the Minnesota Attorney General was quoted as
>> having little ethical boundaries:
>>
>> http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2001-08-23-microsoft-letters.htm
>>
>> [quote]
>> 08/23/2001 - Updated 11:30 AM ET
>> Report: Microsoft funded 'grass roots' campaign
>>
>> LOS ANGELES (AP) â Microsoft has been helping to fund a letter-writing
>> campaign to pressure state attorneys general to go easy in their
>> antitrust lawsuits against the software giant, the Los Angeles Times
>> reported Thursday. [...]
>>
>> "It's sleazy," said Minnesota Attorney General Mike Hatch, whose office
>> received about 300 pro-Microsoft letters. "This is not a company that
>> appears to be bothered by ethical boundaries." [/quote]
>
> Unethical.. probably... but there would have to be some code of ethics in
> place for the employees to follow. I highly doubt there is.
>
> Sleazy... without question.
>
> Illegal activity ... without question, on at least 2 continents.

3 (at least), AFAIK. Some countries in Asia took legal action as well. They
were successful, even recently in Korea.

I'm sure Penguins in Antarctica would file for legal action had they had
lawyers in their continent.

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

"The Unix phenomenon is scary. It doesn't go away." -- Steve Ballmer
Mem:   2075800k total,  1660792k used,   415008k free,    12460k buffers