Re: Microsoft Lawyer: the world will end in chaos

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> ____/ Marti van Lin on Thursday 20 August 2009 02:18 : \____
>
>> <quote>
>
>> according to Microsoft lawyers. Dell, HP, and lots of other ÃÂÃpartnersÃÂ"
>> would feel this in their wallets. Not to mention the consumer (who now
>> can go and discover other means of writing a letter).
>
>> This is the responds to the court ruling that Microsoft offended a XML
>> patent. The ruling states that Microsoft canÃÂ"t sell MS-Word in its
>> current form, so that means MS Office without its flagship Word.
>
>> </quote>
>
>> Full article (including interesting links to court manuscript (pdf)) here:
>
>> http://www.redelijkheid.com/2009/08/19/the-world-will-end-in-chaos/
>
>> http://tinyurl.com/kofegq
>
>> The exact words of the lawyer where:
>
>> <quote>
>
>> Microsoft's warned it'll suffer "irreparable harm" and that "major
>> public disruption" will result if it's forced to redesign Word to comply
>> with a US court ruling.
>
>> </quote>
>
>> There you have it: the end of times, the Apocalypse and Armageddon, if
>> the Vole looses one of its cash cows!
>
> Microsoft has just two cash cows and Office is the fatter one. Windows in its
> many variants is failing; Windows Mobile is losing lots of money, Server is
> struggling against GNU/Linux, and Client suffers from GNU/Linux and is
> now 'sold' for $5 (or kickbacks).
>
> A ban on Word could deal a death blow to a company that has committed many
> felonies (and was found guilty of trial misconduct in this case).

Well exactly my thoughts. That's the reason I posted this:

- The share holders are becoming aware of the fact, that Microsoft is
not such a stable and promising company after all.

- Microsoft in fact confesses that they have a monopoly. Since they
claim that there will be chaos in society if Microsoft Word is not to be
sold for a period.

- The worst problem for Microsoft is, that "society" will look at
alternatives and in many cases will get used and keep on using these
alternatives.

Microsoft will lose both shareholders and it's monopoly.

Titanic Reloaded :-)

> Google is going to be worth more than Microsoft next year, unless Microsoft
> surprises. SaaS replaces Office in many places and Microsoft is just catching
> up with Apps at the moment.

Unless Microsoft surprises?

With Vista7?

Well, I've tried Windows 7 RC and this morning I tried Kubuntu Karmic
(9.10) Alpha 4 and you know what? The freaking Kubuntu Alpha 4 is more
stable and usable than Windows 7 RC1.

Sorry for my lame "English" again, but I hope you'll get the message ;-)

Cheers

--
|_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
|_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com