Re: [News] MacBook Pro is Feeling Deprived and Slighted After GNU/Linux Experience

On 2009-08-22, Sinister Midget III <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2009-08-22, Megabyte <Megabyte.NoSPAM@xxxxxxxx> claimed:
>
>> Having switched to a MacBook Pro about a month ago I must admit that
>> I'm asking myself why I didn't make the move to a Mac sooner.  I'm
>> running OS X the majority of the time but have VM's of Windows 7 and
>> Ubuntu running on it as well.  It is kind of bizarre having OS X,
>> Windows and Linux all running on the same machine at the same time.
>> Choice is good!
>
> I've used a Mac (there are 3 in the house) and I can't say I'm
> impressed with OS X. I will say it's lightyears better than that quaint
> little alternative OS from Redmond, though.

    I thought I would have been more impressed than I was with the bundleware
but it didn't quite work out that way. I could see how a n00b with no legacy
data of their own could get into it though. Although it would still be a bit
of an adjustment for anyone used to how Windows and Linux feel.

[deletia]

--
"Microsoft looks at new ideas, they don't evaluate whether
the idea will move the industry forward, they ask,                    |||

                         -- Bill Gates