Re: Microsoft quietly removes Ultimate Extras from Windows 7

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> ____/ Terry Porter on Wednesday 26 August 2009 00:04 : \____
>
>> Time to swap that cutesy battery-powered vintage-style robot for a
>> penguin ?
>

>> begin{quote}
>> by David M Williams
>> Wednesday, 26 August 2009
>
>> One selling point of Windows Vista Ultimate Edition was its inclusion of
>> Ultimate Extras, a special "members only" club of downloads incorporated
>> into Windows Update. As of Windows 7 it's no more - and the club wants
>> its goodies back.

>> end{quote}
>
>> http://www.itwire.com/content/view/27222/53/
>
> It's falling apart faster than Vista ever did.

That's not so surprising, because IMO it's even worst than Vista
(especially networking).

According to my friend Jim, the extras for Vista Ultimate where never
delivered, aside from some extra screen saver and some useless function
(which according to Jim was not even worth mentioning).

According to Jim, Vista Ultimate users have simply been fooled by
Microsoft, they never received what they have paid for.

Now he expects Microsoft to provide a gratis update to Win7 to Vista
Ultimate users.

I told him: forget it mate, it ain't gonna' 'appen ;-)

Cheers

--
|_|0|_| Marti van Lin
|_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com