Re: [News] [Rival] Sharp Presents Wonderful GNU/Linux-only (ARM) Sub-notebooks

  • Subject: Re: [News] [Rival] Sharp Presents Wonderful GNU/Linux-only (ARM) Sub-notebooks
  • From: George Orwell <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 14:29:00 +0200 (CEST)
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

> Sharp intros 5in ARM-based netbook
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Asus may not be so keen on ARM-based netbooks, but Sharp certainly is. Today,
> | it launched the PC-Z1 Netwalker, a weeny netbook based around a 5in display
> | and Ubuntu Linux and an ARM Cortex A8-derived CPU.
> `----
>
> http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/08/27/sharp_linux_arm_netbook/

Excellent. Too bad it's from a Japanese compoany since that'll mean it
will be (too) expensive. I'm hoping the Chinese will come up with a
dirt-cheap ( < $100) Smartbook. I'm sure those will be FLYING off the
shelves. Microsoft and Intel will most likely panic and smash into each
other on their way to the exit.

non corrisponde ad un utente   |message is not related to a real
di un sistema anonimizzatore   |anonymous system
Per maggiori informazioni      |For more info
                  https://www.mixmaster.it