Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 29th of August, 2009.

  • Subject: Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 29th of August, 2009.
  • From: "Homer" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 09:00:30 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ngstats.pl version 1.31

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by Homer, 2007 - 2009.

This report covers 697 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     325  952217     2%
   2. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        36   29412    58%
   3. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        30  128692    13%
   4. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                         28   41336    14%
   5. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid.   27  135396    14%
   6. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                            23   31148    85%
   7. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>       22   19519    77%
   8. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>            19   23540    42%
   9. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     16   21440    63%
      chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    16    7654    68%
  11. TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                  14    8897    31%
  12. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          11    9115    59%
  13. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          9   12137    80%
      Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>            9   13992    39%
  15. Peter KÃhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>       8   10261    68%
      bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                      8    7284    54%
      Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                8    1654    42%
  18. Marti van Lin <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                   7   13599    47%
      RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                      7    4146    45%
  20. nessuno <nessuno7491@xxxxxxxxx>                    6    4979    16%
  21. wispygalaxy <wispygalaxy@xxxxxxxxx>                5    6083    68%
      Tony(UK) <tony_smith100@xxxxxxxxxxx>               5    8307    57%
      philo <philo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                      5   14799    78%
  24. JeffM <jeffm_@xxxxxxxxx>                           4    3124    31%
      Gordon <gbplinux@xxxxxxxxx>                        4    2546    58%
      Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                4    9972    21%
      ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                               4    3044    82%
      Citizen Jimserac <jimserac@xxxxxxxxx>              4    5668    46%
      Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@REMOVETHISSPAMTRAP    4    2341    85%
      Wintrolls Lie <wintrolls.lie@xxxxxxxxx>            4    3080    60%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. Microsoft Lawyer: the world will end in chaos            36   28507
   2. Micrsoft stole the software they used to stop peop       33   39771
   3. Dell makes cost of Windows transparent to consumer       20   61226
   4. The Seven Sins of Windows 7                              17   17186
   5. Tried to be a paytard but failed!                        14   10835
   6. Stick to Linux for best battery life                     12   28075
      C# Fails Very Badly at Popularity in the Free Soft       12   12600
   8. Good article on why Windows must be banned from In       11   14108
      Microsoft admits the obvious but not the truth           11   12126
  10. [News] HAM Radio and Red Hat Back Linux Show             10   11378
      Microsoft quietly removes Ultimate Extras from Win       10   11120
  12. More MS done deals behind closed government doors         9   13263
  13. Multi-Boot Servers and Virtual Servers with GNU/Li        8   11113
      Here's the proof, DooF                                    8   10913
      OT: 40 obsolete technologies                              8    4418
      [Rival] Microsoft Zune is So Obviously Dead               8    7938
      NVIDIA Pushes Out New Linux Driver Updates                8   16500
  18. [News] God News for VoIP and More Applications for        7    7475
      Kubuntu Karmic Alpha 4 beats Windows 7 RC by far          7    6896
      Sheevaplug - pure Linux geek juice!!!                     7   17901
  21. [News] [Rival] Sharp Presents Wonderful GNU/Linux-        6   16731
      Microsoft's secret 'screw Google' meetings in D.C.        6    5967
  23. [Whoops] Microsoft in web photo racism row                5    3563
      [News] [Rival] Vista 7 to be Bitch-slapped by the         5    7034
      Fluxbox menus                                             5    3770
      Speed                                                     5    5667
  27. [News] Linux Mint 7 "Gloria" is Glorious                  4   12859
      64-bit Chrome takes centre stage in Linux land            4    2985
      Botnets must die                                          4    4751
      [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Main BBC Goon Spreads P        4   21601
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     26
   2. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       19
   3. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           13
   4. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        12
   5. TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                                 11
      High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          11
      JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    11
   8. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         10
      chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   10
  10. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                            7
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                       7
  12. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        6
      bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                     6
  14. Marti van Lin <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                                  5
      Gordon <gbplinux@xxxxxxxxx>                                       5
  16. Tony(UK) <tony_smith100@xxxxxxxxxxx>                              4
  17. wispygalaxy <wispygalaxy@xxxxxxxxx>                               3
      nessuno <nessuno7491@xxxxxxxxx>                                   3
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         3
      Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               3
  21. ef <enigma.foundry@xxxxxxxxx>                                     2
      RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                                     2
      Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>                           2
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                           2
      philo <philo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                     2
  26. JeffM <jeffm_@xxxxxxxxx>                                          1
      Peter KÃhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                      1
      Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                               1
      ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                                              1
      Erich Friesen <erich.friesen@xxxxxxxxx>                           1
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    149
   2. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       77
   3. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        75
   4. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          74
   5. nessuno <nessuno7491@xxxxxxxxx>                                  71
   6. TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                                 68
   7. Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>                          67
   8. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           66
   9. Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              65
      RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                                    65
  11. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       64
  12. Marti van Lin <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                                 63
  13. bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                    62
  14. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         60
      JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    60
  16. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   59
      Peter KÃhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     59
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      59
  19. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                           57
  20. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        56
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           384
   2. slrn                                                             96
   3. Thunderbird                                                      84
   4. Pan                                                              62
   5. G2/1.0                                                           24
   6. Forte Agent                                                      14
   7. XPN                                                              13
   8. tin                                                              11
   9. 40tude_Dialog                                                     8
  10. COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Seek not the favour of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest
|  and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not
|  voices, but weigh them." ~ Immanuel Kant
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.26.8-57.fc8
 09:00:09 up 92 days, 12:58,  4 users,  load average: 0.26, 0.06, 0.02