[News] GNOME Has New Group Photo and LXDE Adds a Wastebasket

  • Subject: [News] GNOME Has New Group Photo and LXDE Adds a Wastebasket
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 00:23:09 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

GNOME Group Photo

,----[ Quote ]
| Finally had time to upload my GCDS photos to Flickr. The GNOME group photos are included
| in this album.
`----

http://blogs.gnome.org/lucasr/2009/09/13/gnome-group-photo/

LXDE: LXDM and Trash support

,----[ Quote ]
| Some cool news for any LXDE users.
|
| The first one, LXDE developers finally started to develop their own Display Manager,
| that means that soon weâll need no more the very heavy GDM or the no more developed
| SLIM.
`----

http://lizards.opensuse.org/2009/09/12/lxde-lxdm-and-trash-support/

Recent:

Lubuntu, Ubuntu with LXDE

,----[ Quote ]
| The just released test version of Lubuntu is a 340MB Live CD image and is
| based on the in-development upcoming version of Ubuntu 9.10, Karmic Koala.
| The small size of the ISO image is not just down to the use of LXDE though;
| the distribution is also missing applications, such as office software.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/Lubuntu-Ubuntu-with-LXDE--/news/114155

First Test Images of LXDE Lubuntu Available

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/News/First-Test-Images-of-LXDE-Lubuntu-Available

first lubuntu test iso available

http://blog.lxde.org/?p=514

As my Gentoo Linux desktop, I use LXDE

,----[ Quote ]
| Thou shall fear me, I am fanatic (in a silly way) about my desktop systems.
| But now I share my notes about LXDE.
`----

http://vytautas.jakutis.lt/archives/107

PCLinuxOS LXDE (PCLXDE) 2009 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Verdict: Big thumbs up. I would highly recommend PCLinuxOS 2009, the LXDE
| version, to anyone who has an old computer that needs new life breathed into
| it. This is probably the best Linux distro Iâve found for this computer, and
| Iâm going to keep it.
`----

http://greentechgirl.com/green-computing/pclinuxos-lxde-pclxde-2009-review/

PCLinuxOS LXDE (PCLXDE) 2009 is now available

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.pclinuxos.com/