[News] Native GNU/Linux and Applications Not a Problem After All

  • Subject: [News] Native GNU/Linux and Applications Not a Problem After All
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 22:56:55 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Games with native linux installers

,----[ Quote ]
| Many people don't know it, but as well as all the open
| source games for Linux out there, there are MANY games
| available the will install and play on your Linux box,
| provided you have the right files. I now present a small
| selection of these games (there are more if you look hard
| enough), with links to the Linux installer files, for your
| continued Linux gaming experience! You still need to
| purchase the game disks for all these titles. Enjoy.
`----

http://www.altfire.com/main/news/index.php?news_id=353

The Unix Ideal

,----[ Quote ]
| Itâs much easier to read and much more useful.  I can click on
| the links and Firefox starts up.  This saves me from having to
| go to the podcastâs website to look at the show notes.
| Unfortunately, most podcasts I listen to are not featuring
| such great details, but the Linux and Technology ones are.
`----

http://server.ericsbinaryworld.com/blog/2009/09/22/the-unix-ideal/

Recent:

10 Games That Will Turn your Linux into a WarMachine

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.anewmorning.com/2009/05/11/10-games-that-will-turn-your-linux-into-a-warmachine/