[News] New Portables Run OpenSUSE GNU/Linux

Atom-based portables run OpenSUSE Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| TabletKiosk announced three portable computers running
| OpenSUSE Linux 11 on Intel Atom processors, two of them
| seven-inch UMPCs (ultra mobile PCs) with built-in Wacom
| digitizers. The UMPCs are the Eo a7330D and the
| ruggedized TufTab a7230XD, joined by the 12.1-inch
| Sahara NetSlate a230T tablet, according to the company.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/TabletKiosk-Eo-a7330D-Eo-TufTab-a7230XD-and-Sahara-NetSlate-a230T/?kc=rss

Novell wants Linux to be a mainstream O-S

,----[ Quote ]
| As that doughty publication The Register reports,
| Brockmeier is one person who wants the Linux desktop to
| grow; others like IBM and the Foundation itself appear
| to be more or less content with the current state of
| affairs.
|
| Brockmeier sees mainstream success on the desktop as
| crucial, wants PC vendors to promote Linux "beyond
| offering it as a check-box in an order form" (El Reg's
| words) and exhorts Linux backers to work more closely
| to promote the operating system in toto.
|
| This, coming from the representative of a company which
| signed a patent licensing deal with Microsoft, seems a
| bit rich. One of the better known free software
| hackers, Jeremy Allison, even quit the company in
| protest at this act which was widely seen as a sellout.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/27968/1090/

osc09: Lightning Talks

,----[ Quote ]
| Sunday morning of the openSUSE conference I took part
| in the Lightning Talks which were short talks on a
| variety of topics.
`----

http://lizards.opensuse.org/2009/09/23/osc09-lightning-talks/

Recent:

Clarion shows off what an Atom MID should be

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/260/1051260/clarion-atom-mid