[News] Charity Killer Brings Linux from Sub-notebooks to Phones, Desktops

  • Subject: [News] Charity Killer Brings Linux from Sub-notebooks to Phones, Desktops
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 00:02:13 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Canonical and Dell Deliver Ubuntu Moblin Remix Developer Edition

Ubuntu Moblin Remix Developer Edition available on Dell Mini 10v

http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=5545

USB 3.0 Shines at IDF, Moblin Netbooks Likely On Tap

,----[ Quote ]
| At IDF today, the first edition of Moblin Linux for
| smartphones were demonstrated. They could lead to Intel
| chip-based smartphones.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/usb-3-0-shines-at-idf-moblin-netbooks-likely-on-tap

Intel Promotes App Store Model for Netbooks

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/172418/intel_promotes_app_store_model_for_netbooks.html

Intel targets mobile devices market with Linux and app store

http://www.telecoms.com/14719/intel-targets-mobile-devices-market-with-linux-and-app-store

Intel and the correct use of power

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10013880o-2000331777b,00.htm?new_comment

Intel ports Linux netbook OS to desktops

,----[ Quote ]
| Intel has expanded the scope of Linux-based Moblin by
| porting the OS from netbooks to mobile devices and
| desktops, where it could compete with Microsoft's
| Windows OS.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2009/092409-intel-ports-linux-netbook-os.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

Intel Shows Off Moblin 2.1

http://www.informationweek.com/news/software/operatingsystems/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=220100965

Recent:

Atomic Warfarz

,----[ Quote ]
| And with Netbooks retailing under $400, compared to Microsoft Intel makes
| hardly any profit at all.  So Microsoft has to die.
|
| This is a huge change for Intel, which has for decades acted as Microsoftâs
| bitch, doing pretty much whatever Redmond demanded for fear of being
| written-out of the next Windows PC hardware spec in favor of AMD or even IBM.
| But that was the old Microsoft.  The Microsoft of today isnât nearly as
| powerful, whether they yet know it or not.
`----

http://www.cringely.com/2009/06/atomic-warfare/

Analysis: Intel rides Wind River beyond the PC

,----[ Quote ]
| Intel Corp.'s acquisition of Wind River Systems Inc. is another indicator of
| the sea change occurring inside the world's biggest semiconductor makerâalong
| with the rise of Linux across all markets.
|
| The x86 giant is expanding beyond big custom processors for its core desktop
| PC market and into a variety of system-on-chip (SoC) designs targeting a wide
| range of mobile, consumer and embedded markets. The industry-wide shift to
| multicore processors is also driving a need for a whole new set of parallel
| software tools.
`----

http://www.eetimes.com/news/semi/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=217701836

Intel buys Wind River: the End of the Wintel Duopoly?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=2246&blogid=14